Many thanks to Chealsycat and LanLyn for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger and Unique Blogger Awards respectively. You are both such warm, fun, creative members of the community, and it’s an honour to be mentioned by you.
Sunshine Blogger Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
My Answer’s to Chealsycat’s Questions:
- What is your favourite season? Autumn
- What does The Sims mean for you? It’s a little haven cut off from whatever else I’ve got going on in my life.
- What is your favourite fairy tale? Cinderella
- If you met a fairy, what three wishes would you ask her to grant? I’d wish for everyone to have good health, patience, and love.
- Fairy? Vampire? Mermaid/Merman? Witch? Unicorn? Dragon? – What would you like to be? I think I want to stay human-shaped and able to go about on land during the day, so I guess it’s fairy or witch. Let’s say witch; I like their TS3 powers a little more.
- Have you ever been to Russia? Would you like to go there (again)? No, but I’d like to.
- What is your favourite music? I get passionate about the music I enjoy, but it’s not all in a particular genre.
- What are five flowers you love most of all? I really love roses, but beyond that I don’t have favourites. I’ve got a beautiful orchid in my house that I haven’t managed to kill yet.
- Imagine: it’s rainy and cold. What are you going to do? In light rain, go out for a run! I know it sounds weird, but I love running in the rain; it makes me feel serene. If the rain’s heavy, I want to stay inside with my boyfriend and some warm soup.
- Cats or dogs? They’re both wonderful. If I were to get a pet it would probably be a cat.
- Rain or snow? Rain. Snow can be totally magical, but in England it often turns up at a weird time of year and disrupts everything.
My Answers to LanLyn’s Questions
- What are your favorite things to do in The Sims? (just play, challenges, build, design, write stories, create sims, other?) Building, but I also enjoy writing tutorials, running contests, making over sims, and setting up challenges.
- How long have you been playing The Sims? (Sims 1, 2, 3, 4?) I’ve been playing TS3 for about five or six years I think. TS1 I used to play a lot as a kid, and I’ve tried out TS2 and TS4.
- Why did you start blogging for The Sims? When the official forums got messed up a couple of years ago I decided I wanted a space I could look after by myself. Since signing up for wordpress, I’ve really enjoyed spending time with other bloggers and getting to know how they play their games.
And here are my questions – the first three for the Unique Blogger Award, and all eleven for the Sunshine one.
- How did you first hear about The Sims?
- Do you play any other games?
- Do you have any simming habbits – things you just have to do with every family?
- What have you never done in the game?
- Do you play on a laptop or desktop?
- Do you have a favourite expansion pack?
- Outside of gaming, what are you passionate about?
- What’s the tastiest vegetable?
- And fruit?
- What’s your favourite smell?
- What’s your favourite room in your house and why?
These two awards have been going around for a little while now, so I’m not going to make an official list of blogs, but if you haven’t received one of the awards yet, then please consider yourself nominated for it!